THE SECRET TO HAPPINESS IS TO ENJOY THE PASSAGE OF TIME

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

U-Turn

So we are driving around town the other day, just Brooks and Elliot and myself in the minivan. Out of nowhere Elliot asks, "what does that sign mean?" I look up quickly and notice the "No-U-Turn" sign at the intersection. Well, while driving, I try my best to explain that it means you can't turn your car around and go back in the direction you just came from. Not fully sure that he understands what I just said, or that it makes much sense to me either. "Oh", he replys. "I thought it meant that it's not good to pick up cars and then drop them. That would be bad."

I love the perspective of a 4....almost 5 year old.

Will you ever look at a U-Turn or No U-Turn the same? I don't think I will.

Thanks, Elliot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time for a new post or I am going to have to take you off of my "list of blogs to read" section on my own blog. Don't tell me that nothing is going on in your life.

Anonymous said...

Your brother is encouraging us to encourage you to update this thing! We are to leave you a post or a hate mail. Tacky!!! But he is right -- update this puppy!