THE SECRET TO HAPPINESS IS TO ENJOY THE PASSAGE OF TIME

Friday, July 08, 2005

cold stoned

We took Elliot out for ice cream at Cold Stone last night-an attempt at bribing him to get into the pool for the swimming lessons we are throwing money out the window for. It worked! But that's not the point. Can someone please tell me what is up with the new "flavors of the month" campaign at Cold Stone. I would love to meet their test subjects. Why on earth would someone visit an ice cream shop in hopes of finding flavors such as "fruity cereal, black licorice, and wasabi ginger"? I sampled the neon blue fruity cereal flavor-cause hey, I enjoy an occasional bowl of Trix as much as the next stay at home mom. Of course it was as disgusting as it appeared at first sight. The best part was even my 3 year old, who could live on a diet of french fries and fruit snacks, snubbed his nose at it. Has anyone tried the other weird flavors? What's your favorite marble slab concoction?

3 comments:

Byron said...

we do not have cold stone ice cream in Temple.

Byron said...

Stone Cold was a WWF star wasn't he? I did not know you followed the pro wrestler circut. You are so "cool", "cold" get it? By the way, you need to change your settings to allow anonymous people to post a message. I have been asked to pass that on by several of your readers.

MDM said...

sweet cream and strawberries. Do you guys have Maggie Moo's?? Their blue ice cream is cotton candy flavored and fabulous. My husband almost barfed upon trying the wasabi..what were they thinking??