THE SECRET TO HAPPINESS IS TO ENJOY THE PASSAGE OF TIME

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

big teeth



On the way to church tonight I asked the boys to name 3 new friends at their new school, Christian named his and Peyton was referring to his as "that big 3rd grader, and the kid I was saying good-bye to, and the other kid...etc. Christian reminded him of a friend he was talking to...."what about that guy with the really curly hair?" Peyton (the most loving kid on the planet) said, no, he's not my friend.

My ears perked up, Why? I asked.

Because I don't like people with really big front teeth, they're scary.

He means of course kids who have just lost their front teeth, which he hasn't yet, and the permanent teeth grow in looking pretty awkward. Christian went to the defense of all kids with big front teeth, "hey, I've got big teeth and you will too once you lose your baby teeth!"

Peyton processed this realization for a moment and replied, Then I'll be really scary too!

I love six year olds, big teeth and all. They say it like they see it, plain and true.

No comments: